These pages are disabled-accessible & all browser accessible.
C · O ·
N · T · E · N · T ·
"the sparks of connection [that] already light up our world-made-wider."
WARNING: Never, ever give out private information
about yourself, your family or friends over the internet, unless it's
to someone you know real well! It can be very dangerous. Any list
asking you for such information as a requirement for subscription is not a list you should join. Access the following link for: Be SAFE not SORRY
- The following paper, co-edited by Dr. Robert Zenhausern,creator of the maelstrom.stjohns.edu LISTSERV® host, was written about online Virtual Reality Communities but fits very well for listownership
too and the ethics and behavior of running a good email discussion list.
Guidelines for Running a Good Internet Community
- Links to other important and informative ListOwner documents on the web:
- An off site link to CyberLaw information and up-to-date news:
FindLaw CyberSpace Law News
- Maelstrom History, Stated Policy & System News
- An easy to follow, step-by-step explaination/tutorial on Editing and/or creating LISTSERV Weclome & Farewell Files
LISTSERV Welcome & Farewell Files
- Error Codes
- Editing LISTSERV® Archives (Log Files) - Step by Step, Instructions:
How to Edit a LISTSERV® Archive (Log File)
- Cheat-Sheet for Most Used ListOwner Commands:
Most Used Listowner Commands
- Create, Edit or Delete Files for your list:
- Common Problems with various email programs and how to handle them:
Email Program Problems & Solutions
Dulicate Copies of Listserv® Posts or Digests to Subscribers
- ListOwner Ethics: This will most certainly be an evolving bunch of pages! For the first go to:
- ListOwner as Protector?
Be very careful of the implied promises you give your subscribers. If you indicate that you can vet and verify all
subscribers or protect them from spam and private email abuse, you setting your subscribers up with a dangerous false sense of security.
- Listowner Tools: This page will eventually list links to programs designed to help listowners of all kinds of lists. For now though,
Here is a link to one Listowner Tool web site:
- SmartBounce a program to manage bounces through your list.
- Netiquette Guides
Links to files on Internet Etiquette Including a Fun and Informative Netiquette Quiz and the
- Anti-Spam Info and Ferreting out Sending-Email Addresses
Files and information for those needing to track down fake email addresses or the originating IP of web based email users.
- Find an Email Discusion List
Search or browse these directories/databases for Email Lists.
- Email List Humor
Or ... "Been there, done that"
- Flame Warriors
The Different kinds of list personalities
- Error messages getting you down? Access the following links to find out what they are
telling you and what you should do:
- Free and Cheap Email List Providers
Look here for cheap and even free E-mail List Hosts.
- Public Mail Lists for Listowners and Managers
- Finding a lot of these terms new and confusing? The LISTSERV® Glossary should help: Some of this can
be important. Ie: in some LISTSERV host's LISTSERV-speak, ListMasters run
the system, ListOwners run the lists.
- The PostMaster has placed a generic header for your new list! You are officially a
Listowner! How to modify the generic header to
suit your new list and other important "getting started" information can be found via the following link:
Getting started UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- So! You want to be a Listowner!
Wanna Be A Listowner Page - NOT UP YET
- Now, your list is up and going! Access the following link to
find Frequently asked questions and answers gleaned from the
various LISTSERV© ListOwner lists. These pages should have you ready to respond
to most problems or questions that crop up:
LISTOWNER FAQ NOT UP YET
- To find useful tips, compiled by "Old Timers" access the following link:
Old Timers' Listowning Tips - NOT UP YET
- Search the Unofficial Listowner Manual Pages
Search these pages - NOT UP YET
- These pages last updated 16 December 2000 -
Contact Information & About These Pages
These pages are sponsored in part by
Millbreaux Gourmet Specialties